Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A distinctly Middle-Eastern dip known as Baba Ghanouj with a robust flavor of tahini blending with the smoky flavor of eggplant - makes a very inviting, exotically-flavored appetizer.
- Roast eggplant under the broiler, turning frequently, until the skin is charred and blistered.
- Peel away the skin, chop flesh roughly and drain in a colander for 30 minutes, and then press or blot to leak out as much liquid from the flesh as you can.
- Put eggplant flesh into blender, add tahini, garlic, almonds, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl, fold in mint leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
- Goes well with pita crackers.
Very nice. I used almond butter instead of crushed almonds, which I felt was a fair substitution. Otherwise, left as is. Yum!