Recipe by eatrealfood
A distinctly Middle-Eastern dip known as Baba Ghanouj with a robust flavor of tahini blending with the smoky flavor of eggplant - makes a very inviting, exotically-flavored appetizer.
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast eggplant under the broiler, turning frequently, until the skin is charred and blistered.
- Peel away the skin, chop flesh roughly and drain in a colander for 30 minutes, and then press or blot to leak out as much liquid from the flesh as you can.
- Put eggplant flesh into blender, add tahini, garlic, almonds, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl, fold in mint leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
- Goes well with pita crackers.