A distinctly Middle-Eastern dip known as Baba Ghanouj with a robust flavor of tahini blending with the smoky flavor of eggplant - makes a very inviting, exotically-flavored appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast eggplant under the broiler, turning frequently, until the skin is charred and blistered.
- 2Peel away the skin, chop flesh roughly and drain in a colander for 30 minutes, and then press or blot to leak out as much liquid from the flesh as you can.
- 3Put eggplant flesh into blender, add tahini, garlic, almonds, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- 4Transfer to serving bowl, fold in mint leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
- 5Goes well with pita crackers.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine)-Tahini Dip
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g