Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My DH loves eggplant and this is a great low fat version. From Delicious magazine. Serve with brown rice or couscous. Modified to suit our tastes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus
- extra honey, to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add cardamom and cinnamon and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and eggplant and cook stirring 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, harrissa, tomatoes and stock. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes until eggplant is cooked through.
- Stir through the honey and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve drizzled with honey and mint sprinkled on top.
One of my favourite dishes now. Since I found the recipe here I have made it like fifteen times at least and still love it. Fast, simple and wonderful taste. Thanks a lot! :)
Perfect. Excellent flavors, cooked just right, very quick & easy. And it's all gone. :) Made for the Tagine Treasure Hunt. Thank you!