Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I have taken a few recipes and adjusted them into one. Hope you like it!
- 2 large eggplants
- freshly ground coarse black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) can minced clams, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup italian seasoned cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Pierce the eggplant with a fork all around.
- Roast the eggplants for about 40 minutes, until soft and mushy.
- Remove from oven and when cool enough to peel, do so and thenchop up the eggplant in a bowl.
- Add sesoning and mash with 3 tablespoons of the butter.
- In a prepared casserole dish, layer the mashed eggplant, clams, and the cracker crumbs.
- Dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Blend the half & half with the reserved clam juice with hot sauce if using.
- Taste and add seasonings, if needed.
- Pour mixture over the casserole, but be sure to use only enough liquid to fully saturate the dish, otherwise, the dish will become too soggy and soupy.
- Cover with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.