1 hr 5 mins
A whole meal with salad and garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or equivalent textured vegetable protein)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or more to taste)
- 1Heat oil and butter or margarine in heavy soup pot. Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is limp.
- 2Brown meat in separate skillet, stirring to break it into small pieces. Discard excess fat and add meat to onion mixture.
- 3Add veggies, broth, and seasonings; bring to a boil; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 4Add macaroni and parsley; simmer 10 more minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- 5Serve in heated bowls; garnish with cheese.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Supper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Sodium 1159.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 21.4 g