- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 small onion
- 2 ounces tofu
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice or 1 tablespoon other mild vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth or water to boil in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables and tofu into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch in the pan and cook until the vegetables have reached their desired tenderness.
- If using cornstarch, add it immediately before removing from heat.