Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a unique sandwich--it's great for a hot summer evening.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 submarine sandwich bread, split (10 inchs)
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- Place the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the eggplant slices into egg, then coat with the crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until crispy, cool.
- On the bottom of each sub roll, layer the lettuce, eggplant, red peppers, cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
- Sprinkle with the salad dressing and top with top half of sub roll.