Recipe by Barb G.
I love eggplant, this recipe is yummy. I found the recipe on Cooks.com and changed it a little. This recipe is easy and uses the microwave for most of the cooking.
- 1 lb Japanese eggplant
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chinese fermented black beans (salted)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth, mix with
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Japanese eggplant in half lengthwise, scoop out center.
- Microwave in 1/2 cup of water, covered for about 2 minutes, DRAIN.
- Combine the stuffing ingredients, mix well.
- Stuff the eggplants & place in microwave safe dish.
- Cook in the microwave for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked.
- For the sauce: Heat oil add garlic & black beans saute for a minute.
- Add sherry wine, chicken broth; Bring to a boil.
- Thicken with 1 teaspoon cornstarch added to the 1 tablespoon of chicken broth.
- Add sesame oil, serve over stuffed eggplant.