Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe makes a great appetizer, a fun way to eat your eggplant!
Top Review by chia
very simple to prepare. instead of frying i sprays a baking dish with cooking spray and baked these for 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven, turning after 15 minutes.. they tasted just like fried with alot less fat
- 3 lbs eggplants
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut eggplant into 3 X 1/2 inch sticks.
- Soak in ice water a half hour.
- Mix breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip eggplant into combined egg and milk, then inches.
- crumbs; chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350°F at a depth of 1 inch in large fry pan and cook sticks 10-12 at a time until golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dip (ranch, ketchup, marinara, sweet and sour, mayonnaise mixed with soy sauce, etc.).