Recipe by Bec
I have never had Eggplant before, so I'm looking forward to this one. You can serve this over rice.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small eggplant, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces American cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef, onion, and celery until beef is browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, oregano, and chili powder.
- Season eggplant slices with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on top of meat sauce.
- Cover and simmer till eggplant is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Top with shredded American cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover briefly to melt cheese.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.