Recipe by Hadice
Just got this from allrecipes.com. Looks great.
Top Review by sugarpea
I took Miss Annie's suggestion and added roasted bell pepper and sauteed onions to make a meal of this sandwich. It was marvelous even with winter vegetables. And I loved that it didn't take forever to prep the eggplant. This one's a keeper, Hadice.
- 1 small eggplant, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, as needed
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6 inch) French rolls
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook under the broiler for 10 minutes, don't burn.
- Split the French rolls lengthwise, and toast.
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and garlic.
- Spread this mixture on the toasted bread.
- Fill the rolls with eggplant slices, tomato, feta cheese and basil leaves.