Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just love this recipe and it looks so good on the platter. From the Not-so-humble vegetable cookbook. Cook time does not take in the standing time.
- Cut eggplant into 1cm slices (no need to salt if young).
- Cook eggplant in oiled heated griddle pan until tender and browned on both sides.
- Layer eggplant with remaining salad ingredients on serving platter; drizzle with three-quarters of the Classic Italian Dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 mins or up to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle with the remaining Classic Italian Dressing.
- Classic Italian Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
Excellent. The traditional Caprese salad made special with the browned flavor of egglplant and a perfectly balanced Italian dressing enhanced with a grainy mustard. I made the recipe as directed using whole grain English mustard for the dressing and served it at room temperature. I sprayed the eggplant slices with olive oil and DH cooked them on the BBQ grill. The eggplant and bocconcini soaked up the tomato juices as well as the dressing and the fresh basil was the perfect foil for the vinegar-mustard-garlic flavor. Thanks Latchy, for this very special recipe!