I just love this recipe and it looks so good on the platter. From the Not-so-humble vegetable cookbook. Cook time does not take in the standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 small eggplants
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 350 g bocconcini, sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaf
Classic Italian Dressing
- 1Cut eggplant into 1cm slices (no need to salt if young).
- 2Cook eggplant in oiled heated griddle pan until tender and browned on both sides.
- 3Layer eggplant with remaining salad ingredients on serving platter; drizzle with three-quarters of the Classic Italian Dressing.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 mins or up to 3 hours.
- 5Just before serving, drizzle with the remaining Classic Italian Dressing.
- 6Classic Italian Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad Caprese
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.2
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 574.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 24.2 g