Recipe by Mizzy
This is a popular Romanian dish. My grandma used to make this every weekend for an appetizer. Eat with stale, or toasted bread.
Top Review by Mom of 10
I imagine your grandmother didn't use a food processor! I also didn't use one for this. I fried garlic together with the peppers and added the raw eggplant (cubed) to the (deep) frying pan to cook together. Delicious!
- 1 small onion, chopped well
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the eggplant at 350 for about an hour, until very soft.
- Remove and peel while still hot under running cold water.
- Remove the seeds (if there are too many).
- Place in colander and drain liquids.
- While eggplant is draining, dice the onion and green pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil, and add onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Add green pepper and cover with lid.
- Let pepper cook until soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Put eggplant in food processor and mince.
- Add the pepper and onion to the eggplant, then the mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- chill before serving.