Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 = pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Pierce eggplant in several places and bake until skin is charred, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven, place in paper bag, and let cool.
- Remove and discard skin; in bowl mash pulp.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well to combine; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve cold.
This was OK. The only thing I just could not do was add the mint - I just do not care for it. I think it might do to add a little lemon juice or a splash of vinegar.