Recipe by Kali Grinter
Very tasty eggplant salad that goes very well with any kind of rice and curry. I like it with plain rice and lentil curry or on buttered toast or plain crackers. My Mom's recipe and everyone loves it
Top Review by najwa
this is good, I did not add the onions raw but cooked slightly instead because my husband dislikes a strong onion flavor .. he really like this as a light dinner with some bread, I also added a fried egg on top and he liked that too .. Thank you for a good recipe
- 500 g tender eggplants or 500 g soft eggplants
- 1 maggi soup cube (Chicken or Beef)
- 1 lemon
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 2 big onions
- 709.77 ml vegetable oil (I use Canola or Sunflower oil)
- 2.46 ml turmeric powder (yellow powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut each eggplant into two halves- lengthwise.
- Cut them into 1/4" slices[like half circles].
- Apply tumeric powder and salt.
- Deep fry them till medium brown and crispy using the vegetable oil.
- Drain on kitchen papers.
- Cut onions and green chillies into very thin slices.
- Dissolve 1/2 soup cube in about 1 Tables spoon of boiling water and mix with onion mixture.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Finally, add fried eggplant and mix well.
- Check for salt and lemon- add more if you wish.
- This is a side dish to be served with rice and lentil curry.