Kali Grinter's Note:
Very tasty eggplant salad that goes very well with any kind of rice and curry. I like it with plain rice and lentil curry or on buttered toast or plain crackers. My Mom's recipe and everyone loves it
My Private Note
one sid ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cut each eggplant into two halves- lengthwise.
- 2Cut them into 1/4" slices[like half circles].
- 3Apply tumeric powder and salt.
- 4Deep fry them till medium brown and crispy using the vegetable oil.
- 5Drain on kitchen papers.
- 6Cut onions and green chillies into very thin slices.
- 7Dissolve 1/2 soup cube in about 1 Tables spoon of boiling water and mix with onion mixture.
- 8Add lemon juice and mix well.
- 9Finally, add fried eggplant and mix well.
- 10Check for salt and lemon- add more if you wish.
- 11This is a side dish to be served with rice and lentil curry.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
Serving Size: 1 (804 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 6011.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g