Recipe by Aroostook
A simple dish but so very good! Use fresh tomatoes or your favourite sauce.
Top Review by Rita~
I`m so used to breading my eggplant.This is so much easier and richer because it does absorb much more oil.I also added shredded mozzarella cheese.I loved it and my husband went back for a heaping plate of seconds.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, sliced and divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce or 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, cook eggplant in olive oil until tender.
- Mix tomato (sauce) with garlic and oregano.
- Add chives to ricotta.
- Mix crumbs with Romano.
- In greased 12 X 8 baking dish, place half the eggplant.
- Top with 1/2 the ricotta.
- Top with 1/2 the tomato mixture.
- Top with 1/2 the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.