Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple to make. Hold up well so that they can be made ahead of time. Look stunning and taste delicious. Added bonus of being vegetarian. A sprinkling of finely chopped red chilli is a great addition.
- 1 medium eggplant
- olive oil
- sea salt
- finely ground black peppercorns
- 12 large basil leaves
- 24 pieces semi dried tomatoes
- 12 slices feta cheese (thin slices)
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into thin slices.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil.
- Grill slices until slightly brown on both sides.
- Lay slices on cutting board and lightly season.
- Lay basil leaves on eggplant slices.
- Place tomato sections on eggplant slices.
- Finally place feta cheese slices on top of tomato and basil.
- Roll up eggplant slices neatly and serve with the seam side down.
- You may have to use a toothpick to secure rolled slices but if you cut the eggplant slices thin enough, they will stay in place quite easily.