Recipe by peacha
I got this recipe from a friend and it sounded so delicious that I had to share. I haven't had a chance to make it yet, so I'm guessing on the prep time.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced lengthwise (salted for 30 minutes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Season eggplant with salt and pepper and dip in flour.
- Saute eggplant until golden brown.
- Set eggplant slices on paper towels to drain.
- Combine in a medium bowl, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, parsley and egg.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Place several tablespoons of ricotta mixture at end of slice of eggplant, roll up, secure with a toothpick and place in baking dish.
- Continue to assemble remaining slices of eggplant.
- Cover evenly with remaining spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.