Recipe by grt61787
Delicious! Great when served with whole wheat pasta.
Top Review by SlooowCooker
Had this on a trip to Poland, and I decided to try it out myself. This was the only recipe I could find on here using eggplant, and it turned out great. Make sure that your eggplant is large enough and that you slice it thinly so it rolls well. Also, I had left over cheese so I baked that separately and used it for a pasta topping along with marinara.
- 1 eggplant
- 59.14 ml sea salt
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese
- 113.39 g pine nuts
- 56.69 g fresh basil
- 453.59 g tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 907.18 g ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice eggplant length-wise (the long way).
- Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the eggplant.
- Grille the eggplant for 4 minute per side, medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix two eggs, 32 oz. ricotta cheese, 2-3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese (it helps if you freeze the mozzarella cheese for 10-15 minutes beforehand), pine-nuts and chopped fresh basil to taste.
- Roll the concoction in the eggplant.
- place eggplant rolls in a bowl so that there is 1 layer of eggplant that covers as much of the bowl as possible, and cover with tomato sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375.