Delicious! Great when served with whole wheat pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice eggplant length-wise (the long way).
- 2Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes.
- 3Wash and dry the eggplant.
- 4Grille the eggplant for 4 minute per side, medium heat.
- 5In a large bowl mix two eggs, 32 oz. ricotta cheese, 2-3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese (it helps if you freeze the mozzarella cheese for 10-15 minutes beforehand), pine-nuts and chopped fresh basil to taste.
- 6Roll the concoction in the eggplant.
- 7place eggplant rolls in a bowl so that there is 1 layer of eggplant that covers as much of the bowl as possible, and cover with tomato sauce.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes at 375.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Rolatini
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.3
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 167.9 mg
- Sodium 5364.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 29.5 g