Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is very tasty and easy to prepared.
- 1 large eggplant, approximately 3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (or to-taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch slices, brush one side lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven until brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- When cool, scoop the flesh from the skin and process with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Correct seasoning.
- Can be stored refrigerated for up to one week.
I made this with my dinner this evening to dip crusty bread into. Quite good. I made it as stated but roasted my eggplants whole on the grill for an hour instead of cut and in the oven. I did not have any sherry wine vinegar so I used 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar. Only reason for 4 rather than 5 stars is that both my hubby and I felt the basil and vinegar covered up the mellow flavor of the roasted garlic. A winner and thanks for posting, Dancer^.