Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another way of making a cooling Raita
- 1⁄2 kg eggplant
- 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 green chilies, chopped
- mint leaf, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- Wash and peel the eggplant.
- Cut into thin oval slices.
- Dip in flour, shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry until light brown in color.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add a little water to the yogurt to make it smoother.
- Add crushed garlic, green chilies, salt and mint.
- Mix well.
- Arrange the eggplant's slices in a serving dish and cover with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with chat masala.
- Serve with curries or rice dishes.