Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
Easy easy easy! This makes an impressive looking dish and nobody will guess how easy it was. The recipe did not call for the eggplant to be peeled but I peel mine.
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with italian herbs
- 1 (9 ounce) package linguine or 1 (9 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oil in large skillet. Cook eggplant, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Stir in tomatoes.
- Pour mixture in greased 2 quart casserole. Bake 20-25 minutes, until heated through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve eggplant mixture over pasta and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.