Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is written for an outdoor grill, but could also be prepared in a Gearge Foreman or a regular skillet. From the show "Backyard Cookin".
Top Review by Poutine
I did not have garlic infused oil, so I decided to cook some diced onions,diced red peppers and garlic together and I am glad I did because it added alot of flavour. I didn't have asiago cheese, so I decided to substitute it with a mix of cheeses from a bag. I made alot of changes but i'm sure I would of made the recipe as is, I would of still loved it. I will be making it again for sure!!
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, and, cut lengthwise in 1 "slices
- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 4 medium sized flour tortillas
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush eggplant slices with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant until just browned.
- Remove and let cool.
- Mix salsa; add Asiago cheese and chopped eggplant.
- Spoon half of the mixture onto 1 tortilla.
- Top with another tortilla and repeat process.
- Grill quesadillas on both side until brown.
- Let cool and slice into wedges.