Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups light spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, in a shallow dish, beat the eggs with the water and the pepper, place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish, line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Dip each eggplant round in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely, place on the baking sheets in a single layer, then spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray, bake for 15 minutes, then turn the slices over and spray the other side with the nonstick cooking spray; bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place about 1 TBS spaghetti sauce on each, sprinkle evenly with mozarella cheese and return to the oven for 4-5 more minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.