Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this with hot fresh bread just out of the oven!!!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1⁄2 bunch basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- Lay eggplant on open flames and char until the skin is toasted.
- Remove any burned skin, but leave a small amount of charred skin on as it gives a smokey flavor.
- Take off stem of eggplant and discard.
- Place eggplant in food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Great on fish, bread and vegetables.
I added 1/4 cu pine nuts. Love it! This is a summer favorite of ours. I served it over pan-seared summer squash, and pasta.