A quick and easy side dish or appetizer, and an alternative to fried eggplant strips. Could easily be made into a "parmigiana" verison with a bit of sauce and some good mozzarella cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut ends off of eggplants, cut in half length-wise and then into five pieces, length-wise.
- 2Cut across into 3/4" chunks.
- 3Steam eggplant chunks for 10 minutes and cool slightly.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan - you may mix vegetable and olive oil instead of using just olive oil.
- 5Squeeze liquid out of steamed pieces with your hands, keeping pieces from getting too mashed.
- 6Place bread crumbs (seasoned or unseasoned), parmesan cheese and seasonings into a large bowl and mix.
- 7You could use a clove or two of fresh garlic, sauteed in place of the garlic salt.
- 8Beat eggs in a small bowl and add to bread crumb mix along with eggplant pieces.
- 9Stir to mix well.
- 10Form patties of any size, but not exceeding an inch in thickness and place in frying pan.
- 11Cook for five minutes on each side.
- 12Remove to a towel-lined plate to drain.
- 13Place in a warm oven if you are not ready to serve them immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Patties or Eggplant Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (1469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 288.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g