Recipe by ** Poppy **
these patties taste good even cold , they make great sandwiches!
Top Review by Izzy Knight
I cooked this for my vegetarian neice, and she thought they are quite nice. I halfed the recipe and wasn't too sure how long I should cook the eggplants. I chopped them into large chunks and boiled in salted boiling water for about 20 minutes. But after taking them out, they are so wet that I had to try them on towels for 20 min.I used parmesan, more than the amount called for, but still felt the recipe lacked flavour and texture all together. I would love to give this another try, though. I think next time I will roast the eggplants then puree, instead of boiling them.
- 12 large eggplants
- 3 eggs
- fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the eggplants and boil them.
- Slice them in a grinder/ processor.
- Add the eggs, pepper, salt, finely chopped mint leaves, cheese, garlic and onion.
- Add some bread crumbs and a little flour to get some solid texture to the mixture.
- Form in round balls then pat into a pattie shape.
- Slightly flour the outsides and fry the patties in a frying pan.