Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another easy eggplant recipe that I found in a local newspaper.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4.92 ml onion, grated (or you can use minced onion)
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Peel eggplant and cut into small pieces.
- Boil in salted water until tender.
- Drain well and mash.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray, or add a small amount of oil.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of eggplant into skillet and fry on both sides until golden brown.
Ohh so good! Instead of boiling the eggplant I broiled it until the skin started to peel off (Makes the flesh sweeter and mushier) and used cracker meal since I didn't have normal bread crumbs. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Very filling too. Good, healthy dinner.
Incredible! This is one of those great recipes that is so adaptable, you can add almost anything and it'd be just as good, or better! I added (lots!) of garlic, some fresh italian herbs, and some shredded carrots, with marinara sauce and fresh mozzerella on top. YUM! My mom even loved this, and she *hates* eggplant! Definitely going to reccommend (:
Added some garlic and fresh parsley to the mash. These cooked up great and tasted great. Thanks for a great recipe