Recipe by L. Duch
Miss Annie inspired me to make this. This is similar to her, "Okra Patties", except that I'm using eggplant and an ingredient or two more. Very tasty and a different way to prepare eggplant than the usual cassarole or breaded and fried eggplant. Hope you enjoy it.
- 453.59 g eggplant, peeled and finely chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno, finely chopped and seeded
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper (may substitute chili powder for an extra flare)
- 118.29 ml water
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml cornmeal
- 118.29 ml oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggplant, onion, salt, pepper, water, egg and jalepeno. Mix well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cornmeal and add to eggplant mixture, mixing well.
- Heat oil to medium-high. Drop heaping spoonfulls of eggplant mixture into hot oil. Spread out like a pancake and cook until golden brown.