1 hr 15 mins
This comes from Linda McCartney's Home Cooking. I have made it several times, it is very good. Serve it with tagliatelli and a crisp green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F (180 deg C) (Gas Mark 4).
- 2Lightly grease a baking dish.
- 3Wash the eggplants and slice lengthways into thin strips.
- 4Heat 1 tablepoon of the olive oil in a saucepan and saute the onion.
- 5Add the tinned tomatoes to the saute.
- 6Then add the tomato puree and the herbs.
- 7Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- 8Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- 9Place the flour in a small bowl and dip the eggplant strips into it so that each piece is well coated.
- 10Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and saute the eggplant until lightly browned.
- 11(Add more oil if necessary).
- 12Pour some tomato sauce into the baking dish and then a layer of egg plants. Continue layering the sauce and eggplant strips until they are all used up.
- 13Arrange the cheese slices over the top layer.
- 14Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.7
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 381.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 18.0 g