5 hrs 45 mins
I really enjoy a good eggplant parmigiana. This one is good and relatively easy since it is finished in the crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel eggplant and cut into 1/2" slices; place in a colander in layers, sprinkling each layer with salt, and let stand for 30 minute.
- 2to drain excess water.
- 3Dry on paper towels.
- 4Rinse first if you feel there is too much salt remaining.
- 5Then you will really have to dry the slices well.
- 6Mix egg with water and flour.
- 7Dip eggplant slices in mixture.
- 8Saute a few slices at a time quickly in hot olive oil.
- 9You just want to seal and slightly colour the eggplant.
- 10Combine seasoned breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
- 11In crockpot, layer 1/4 of the eggplant, top with 1/4 of the crumbs, 1/4 of the marinara sauce and 1/4 of the mozzarella.
- 12Repeat three times to make four layers.
- 13Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.5
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 137.6 mg
- Sodium 1451.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 29.9 g