1 hr 5 mins
Eggplant parmesan is one of my favorite dishes and when saw this recipe in a newspaper converting it into a soup ,I just had to try it but unfortunately I haven't yet. So I'm leaving it all up to the wonderful chefs in ZAARLAND to try it and rate it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups French bread (toasted or stale) or 3 cups Italian bread, cubes (toasted or stale)
- 1Heat olive oil in a large non-reactive saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onions,peppers and the eggplant.
- 3Saute 2 minutes Add the garlic,oregano and chilies and continue to saute until softened.
- 4Add the tomatoes and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Add the parmesan,basil,vinegar and bread cubes to soak into the soup and thicken the mixture before serving,about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan Soup
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 721.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crushed tomatoes in puree