Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love eggplant parmesan and I love pizza, so I thought, why not? This is really good, just serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 Boboli pizza crust
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray 1 large baking sheet w/ fat-free cooking spray.
- Dip eggplant slices into eggwhite, then breadcrumbs.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Turn slices over. Bake 10 minutes longer or until browned on both sides. Remove from oven.
- Increase oven to 400º.
- Top pizza crust with pasta sauce, eggplant, and cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes.
I made this with a whole wheat pizza dough. Added extra sauce and cheese. I use the whole egg and used ever bit of it. I love eggplant so I know I would enjoy this. The oven bake method is my favorite way to cook eggplant. Been doing it for a while as in this Oven Fried Eggplant or and Zucchini Parmesan. I topped the pizza the dried parsley, oregano and garlic powder. Thanks.
Very good and so simple. I didn't have any seasoned breadcrumbs on hand and created my own by adding garlic and onion powders along with coarse salt, fresh ground pepper and Italian seasoning to some plain bread crumbs. I used my favorite thin premade crust and had this pizza in the oven in record time. Yum!
I made my standard pizza with my dough so I could really test out the eggplant. It was delicious and very filling. My husband and I can usually finish a home made pizza (even with chicken, etc on it) but the eggplant really filled us up that we each had one piece less than normal! A good thing in my book since we were filled up with veggies! One downfall, only used half the eggplant and from experience eggplant is not very good the next day, so I breaded and baked more than needed and will probably end up in the trash :( Will be making again!!!