Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm the only one in my household that likes eggplant, so when I found this easy recipe years ago, I held onto it tight. Adjust the cheese amounts to suit yourself.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray or lightly oil a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Spread 1/2 c sauce in pan.
- Peel eggplant and slice 1/2" thick.
- Arrange 1/2 the slices in the baking pan.
- Top with 1/2 c sauce, 1/2 the mozzarella, the remainder of the eggplant slices, and the remainder of the sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 to 55 minutes.
- Top with the remainder of the mozzarella and the parmesan and return to oven, uncovered, under the broiler, until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
Breading is highly over-rated!!! For a fleeting second I thought about dipping the eggplant in some breadcrumbs, but then decided to make the recipe as-is...This was so good! I am very glad that hubby wouldn't touch the stuff...more for me!! I used ALOT of cheese and then got side-tract during the broiling, so the cheese came close to burning, but was still yummy!! This will be a regular for when hubby has dinner meetings!!
So good! I prefer the eggplant this way, instead of breaded and fried. The leftovers were delicious on a sub roll.
Very good and easy recipe! I through this together for an improptu dinner party and it was perfect. Served with a side of pasta, salad, and bread. Thank you!