1/8 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
this is a recipe i never thought i would like. but i LOVE it! it is so easy to make. sometimes i serve it over pasta, sometimes not. it's up to you. i have added meat to my spaghetti sauce before, but that really isn't necessary either because the eggplant is a meat substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2mix egg and milk together in bowl, blend.
- 3heat olive oil in med frying pan.
- 4dip eggplant slices into egg/milk mixture.
- 5dip eggplant into breadcrumbs.
- 6place 4 slices at a time, into olive oil in frying pan.
- 7fry eggplant on each side, until each side is golden brown (you want them crispy, not mushy).
- 8remove eggplant from skillet, and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- 9repeat dipping and frying proces with other 4 eggplant slices.
- 10place 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into 9x13 casserole dish.
- 11place eggplant into bottom of cassserole.
- 12pour spaghetti sauce over top of eggplant.
- 13sprinkle mozzarella/parmesan cheese over top of spaghetti sauce.
- 14bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 15serve over pasta if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.9
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 297.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mozzarella-parmesan cheese blend