this is a recipe i never thought i would like. but i LOVE it! it is so easy to make. sometimes i serve it over pasta, sometimes not. it's up to you. i have added meat to my spaghetti sauce before, but that really isn't necessary either because the eggplant is a meat substitute.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- mix egg and milk together in bowl, blend.
- heat olive oil in med frying pan.
- dip eggplant slices into egg/milk mixture.
- dip eggplant into breadcrumbs.
- place 4 slices at a time, into olive oil in frying pan.
- fry eggplant on each side, until each side is golden brown (you want them crispy, not mushy).
- remove eggplant from skillet, and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- repeat dipping and frying proces with other 4 eggplant slices.
- place 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into 9x13 casserole dish.
- place eggplant into bottom of cassserole.
- pour spaghetti sauce over top of eggplant.
- sprinkle mozzarella/parmesan cheese over top of spaghetti sauce.
- bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- serve over pasta if desired.