Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is even better the 2nd day.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce or 8 ounces spaghetti sauce
- mozzarella cheese, to cover
- Peel and slice eggplant 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Make a batter of egg, milk and parmesan cheese. Dip eggplant slices in batter, then dip into seasoned flour.
- Fry until light brown and drain.
- In casserole dish layer eggplant, tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.