Recipe by Boca Pat
This is another one of my DH's favourites to make. This is a very tasty change of pace pancake.
- 1 small eggplant, peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes (about 1 lb)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggplant in saucepan; cover with water; bring to boil; reduce heat; cover pan& simmer about 5 minutes or until eggplant is very soft; drain well.
- mash eggplant& whisk or beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth; stir in egg, butter, basil, oregano, parm cheese& salt.
- Add 2/3 cup flour mixed with 1/2 tsp baking pwdr; add more flour if needed to make a thick batter; do not over mix.
- Cook about 1/4 cup batter at a time on a greased griddle about 1 1/2 minutes a side or until nicely browned.