1/1 Photo of Eggplant (Aubergine) on the Grill
Of course you can broil this too, but it tastes best with that little bit of char from the grill. Don't peel the eggplant, it would get too soft without the skin. Another vintage Gourmet mag recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients except eggplant in the container in which you intend to marinate the eggplant.
- 2Add the eggplant slices, turning to coat with the marinade.
- 3Marinate at least 30 minutes, turning once. Leave at room temp if you are going to be cooking this right away.
- 4Throw on a preheated grill and cook about 5 minutes per side, basting with marinade if the eggplant hasn't soaked it all up.
- 5Alternatively you can broil under a preheated broiler about the same amoount of time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) on the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g