Great with crusty bread, or BBQued lamb or chicken. Prep time doesn't include degorging or cooling time.
- Coarsely chop the eggplant and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place in a colander and stand for 10 minutes.
- Rinse well under cold water, drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat, add the eggplant, capsicum and garlic and stir to coat with the olive iol.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally,for 30 minutes or until the eggplant has softened and the mixture is thick.
- Transfer the relish to a bowl and allow to stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Stir in the olives and oregano and serve warm or at room temperature.