Recipe by gojenni714
This is one of my favorite recipes. Even those in my household who do not like eggplant will eat this.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- olive oil
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 ½ to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 90 minutes before you want to eat, slice zucchini about 1/4" thick.
- Peel eggplant; slice about 1/2" thick.
- Layer eggplant in a single layer on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt of both sides of the eggplant to draw out the moisture.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat olive oil (1/2" deep) in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Lightly fry eggplant and zucchini, a few slices at a time.
- Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Grease a 2 quart.
- baking dish.
- Put a thin layer of meat sauce in dish.
- Add half of eggplant and zucchini, followed by half of remaining sauce.
- Top with half of the mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Repeat layer.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes at 350° or until cheese melts.
- Serve with extra parmesan.