Recipe by Rise`
This is so simple and quite tasty. I usually serve this warm as a side dish. The serving amount is based on the number of eggplants you use. (I found this recipe on Ethnic Grocer)
- 12 nicoise olives or 12 kalamata olives
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt or coarse salt
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 2-3 medium eggplants
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley
- ground black pepper, fresh is best
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends of eggplants and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse and dry eggplants and brush with oil.
- Grill or broil, turning once, until dark golden brown on both sides.
- Arrange eggplant on a serving dish and just before serving, sprinkle with vinegar, olives, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- May be served warm or hot.