1/2 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
A tasty vegetarian alternative to the meaty variety..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 500 g eggplants, sliced lengthwise, unpeeled about 5mm thick (or 17.6 oz)
- 1 (440 g) can tomato puree (or 15.5 oz )
- 1 (440 g) can tomatoes, drained and chopped (or 15.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat the griller.
- 2Combine the lemon juice and olive oil and brush it on the eggplant slices.
- 3Lay them in a single layer on a nonstick baking tray and grill both sides for about 3 minutes each or until golden brown.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- 5In a bowl combine the tomato puree, tomatoes, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper and garlic.
- 6In another bowl combine the parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- 7Spoon one third of the tomato mixture into the base of a lasagne or casserole dish.
- 8Sprinkle with one third of the breadcrumb mixture and cover with a layer of eggplant.
- 9Spread half the ricotta cheese over the eggplant and continue to layer in the same order, ending with the breadcrumb mixture (in my case hopefully).
- 10Scatter the mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- 11Serve with salad and crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 442.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 17.4 g