Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Filling, healthy, tasty.
Make and share this Eggplant (Aubergine) Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs eggplants, cut into very thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles while that's boiling,.
- Brown eggplant slices; set aside.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in same skillet.
- In a 11 x 7 inch baking dish, spoon 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Arrange three alternate layers of noodles, ricotta, mushroom mixture, Mozzarella cheese, eggplant slices, sauce, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake about 30 to 40 minutes at 350 until heated through.
A great way to use eggplant. This is a great lasagna, but in my opinion, many of the amounts need to be corrected. Eight oz of ricotta and 4 oz (that's ONLY 1 cup for THREE layers) of mozzarella wouldn't be enough, so I doubled the ricotta and pretty much tripled the mozzarella. I also doubled the amount of spaghetti sauce. I added garlic to my sauce as well. This woked great with the oven-ready lasagna noodles (with doubling the sauce of course). I covered and baked this at 375 for 45 minutes as on the noodle package. Then I uncovered it and baked 15 minutes more. Awesome and different lasagna! I'll make this again the same way. Thanx for sharing.