1/3 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) Hush Puppies!
Try this instead of the traditional hush puppies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the eggplant cubes into a colander and steam, covered, over boiling water until tender, about 25 minutes.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, combine the corn meal, flour, baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a bowl.
- 4Push the eggplant through the colander into the bowl in small amounts, mixing in enough eggplant to make a medium stiff dough.
- 5Stir in the onions.
- 6Set the mixture aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- 7Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls into deep oil heated to 365 degrees and fry until golden.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Hush Puppies!
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g