Recipe by Sherrybeth
Another good recipe from Louisiana Food Service cooks. I've almost "loved" this cookbook to death. This dish is a good main dish...even my teenagers like it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I use sweet onion)
- 1 cup cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet until done. Drain fat from ground beef.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except rice, to the ground beef mixture and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until well done, stirring at intervals so mixture doesn't stick.
- Add cooked rice and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes before serving.