Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A bit like baba ghannouj, this eggplant dip is flavourful and tasty!
Make and share this Eggplant (Aubergine) Dip recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Bake, cut side down, on a greased cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- As the eggplant cools, gently squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Use a spoon to scoop pulp from the skin; discard skin.
- Place the pulp in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Using a garlic press, crush the garlic into the bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients and blend well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with pita crackers, endive leaves, sliced cucumber, or other vegetable dippers.
- Also good with 1/4 cup yoghurt, a bit of toasted sesame oil, and red wine or balsamic vinegar added.