- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- chopped Italian parsley (for garnish)
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Score the eggplant and bake in the microwave for 12 minutes.
- Cool eggplant and split open.
- Discard skin and seeds.
- Scoop out all the flesh into a food processor.
- Add oil, lemon or vinegar, crushed garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Process until creamy.
- Scoop mixture in a bowl, garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle on it a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Serve with toasted, seasoned pita pieces.