Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A quicker version than most
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- chopped Italian parsley (for garnish)
- fresh ground pepper
- Score the eggplant and bake in the microwave for 12 minutes.
- Cool eggplant and split open.
- Discard skin and seeds.
- Scoop out all the flesh into a food processor.
- Add oil, lemon or vinegar, crushed garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Process until creamy.
- Scoop mixture in a bowl, garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle on it a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Serve with toasted, seasoned pita pieces.
Easy, quick and yummy! I chose to use lemon juice. One can easily miss that it's one or the other (lemon OR vinegar).
It's so tasty and so easy to make, my husband and I were immediately addicted. We like so much we had it continuously for 3 nights as appetizer.
It is a good recipe. 10 minutes in the microwave was a bit much for our eggplant; check it after about 5 minutes. Don't get burned! Great flavor.